Friday, April 13, 2012

Hot Cross Bun

We baked hot cross bun with our children on Wednesday.  We used a easy recipe from internet. and it turned out to be very successful. Our children really enjoyed making and eating the buns and we gave them chance to bring some home to share with parents.

dissolving active yeast in warm sugar water

add flour, egg, butter, sugar to form the dough

punch down doubled dough and let it rest

shape the dough into 12 small buns


sugar glaze brushed on

final product

Baking is always a science to me. I remember my Chemistry teacher in high school who was very good at cooking and gardening. He taught us all the principles and theories in books could be employed to those chores. He is one of the most interesting people I've ever met in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment