Sunday, June 17, 2012

New adventures on our menu

I try to add new items to our menu and encourage our picky eaters to try different things. This week I made organic beef meatballs with sweet basil and Parmesan cheese, a daunting experience to myself. The good thing is our children liked it, even some picky eaters ate the meatballs with no problem. I used to buy big bag of meatballs from Costco, but my version seemed more liked by our children.

Organic Beef Meatballs from Oven

Meatball Pasta

Dinner
I also made another new item last week for our children: mushroom and barley soup. This was a completely vegetarian soup with many other veggies, such as onion, carrots and potatoes. Our children accepted it very well.

mushroom and barley soup
We shared some grape tomatoes with our children last week, which were harvested from our backyard. They are very sweet and fresh, completely ripe on the vine.
(We cut them in halves before serve to our children)
Grape Tomatoes from Backyard

No comments:

Post a Comment