Sunday, May 13, 2012

the theme of Mother's day

This week was very special. We were together to celebrate the Mother's day of this year.

(My Mom is in China right now, I need to remember to give her a call after I finish blogging. There is a quote I love the most about Mom: "Mom is not a person to lean on but a person to make leaning unnecessary." I want to thank my Mom for helping me become an independent woman. She is the excellent role model for me to learn about being  responsible, caring, honest and hard-working. Those are the values I will definitely pass on to my own daughter. I wish my Mom good health and wish one day my daughter will tell me I am a good mother too.)

This was probably the first year for most of children in our group to understand there would be a special day for Mom and we would show our love and appreciation to Mom on that day. We had a group discussion about "Where did you come from?" Some kids said they were from Mom, one said he was from Dad, one said he was from both. Very cute answers.

We had children decorate a picture frame with paint and glitter, then put in one of their best photos we took at our daycare, and finished it with a pink heart saying" I love my Mom 2012", which made it a perfect gift for Mom on the Mother's Day.

Tapping on glitter

Painting the frame

Frames Ready

An unique gift for Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment